Friday, September 30, 2011

Coffee Table Makeover

Yesterday, I gave you a sneak peek at my latest project.  I was working on a coffee table makeover.  Well, I finished it!  Woohoo!  Here's the $8 table before -



The top was a little rough so I applied some wood putty -


Then I sanded the whole thing down.  After a coat of Kilz Oil Based Primer, I applied three coats of Valspar Du Jour (I had it left over from another project that I'm working on).  But I wanted to give this table a little bit of interest, so I grabbed some supplies from Michael's -


A pack of Martha Stewart stencils, stencil adhesive and craft brushes.  That whole trip cost me $20 but I can reuse all of it so it was worth the investment.  Then I applied two coats of Olympic Secret Passage.  Here's the after -








I think it is sooo much better now.  I may have to stencil more often!

I've linked this project here -

Tatertots and Jello
Addicted 2 Decorating
Funky Junk Interiors
Dittle Dattle
Craft O Maniac
Between Naps on the Porch
The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Polly Want a Crafter
Today's Creative Blog
The Blackberry Vine
Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy
Funky Polkadot Giraffe
A Diamond in the Stuff
Primitive and Proper
Savvy Southern Style
Passionately Artistic
Handy Man Crafty Woman
733
Creations by Kara
Beyond the Picket Fence
Fireflies and Jellybeans
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Ohh Baby Designs
Thirty Handmade Days
Funky Junk Interiors
Between Naps on the Porch
Tip Junkie handmade projects