Friday, October 28, 2011

My Friday Five - Week 1

I'm so excited about this series!  I love looking around blogland and finding cool projects for my house.  But I usually don't get to all of the projects that I love.  Which doesn't mean that I need to keep all of these great ideas to myself!  Hopefully, you'll find something here that you love too - and maybe you can recreate it!  Grab a cup of coffee and get inspired!



1 - I HAVE to start this series with the piece that inspired this whole series.  The PVC pipe dresser makeover from Mandi at Vintage Revivals -

dresser-update-diy

Oh I know - everyone has pinned this dresser.  Can you say love at first sight?  It is stunning!  I just HAD to share it.  In case you haven't seen it before, the circles you see were added using slices of PVC pipe.  That's right - an old thrifted dresser, PVC pipe, and spray paint.  Are you kidding me?!  Mandi is a genious (I would love to sing one of my favorite Barry Manilow songs here but I'll refrain...).


2.  I have a confession - I have never made a wreath.  BUT after seeing this dollar store book page wreath at Living with Lindsay , I think I might have to give it a try.


So how much would you pay for the supplies to make this beauty?  How about $2?  Yup.  Head to the dollar store and pick up a foam wreath form and a cheesy romance paperback.  If you already have a cheesy romance paperback - you can make this for $1!  Now that's a bargain!  Lindsay can walk you through the process.  And, yes, I put this one on my to-do list...


3.  Need some light?  How about a Faux Capiz Chandelier?  Just use wax paper instead -

IMG_0577

Those "shells" are made from wax paper!  Unbelievable!  Jessica over at Decor Adventures whipped this up for her master closet!  I love it - and it looks fabulous against her blue ceiling!  If I ever get to my laundry room makeover, I may have to have Jessica make one of these for me!


4.  Here's an awesome kitchen remodel for you.  You don't need to replace everything in your kitchen to get an updated look - sometimes you just need a few tweaks -


Jeralyn at Lemonade wanted to keep her cabinets, counter and appliances.  So everything else got an upgrade.  How beautiful is that black peninsula?  And the brick back splash?  And those curtains?  Well, I could go on and on but I need to get to my last find...


5.  Sick of your carpet?  Looking for an inexpensive way to replace it?  How about brown craft paper?  Really.


Rachael from Lovely Crafty Home ripped up her hallway carpet and put this down!  After a few coats of poly, she has a stunning floor that looks just like leather!  Why didn't I think of this?

So there you have it.  My Friday Five.  What do you think?  Are you inspired yet?