Friday, February 3, 2012

My Friday Five - Week 13

Since it's the beginning of February, I thought I'd bring you some Valentine's Day inspiration.  Everyone loves Valentine's Day.  Here are some great ideas - that you still have time to recreate.  Ready?



1. I am completely in love with this pom pom scarf - 


Rachel at Bubbly Nature Creations created this cute accessory.  I think it's perfect for the upcoming holiday, don't you?  Head over to her blog to get step-by-step instructions.



2.  Check out this gorgeous Valentine's Day wreath from Maggie at Generally Creative - 


So pretty!  It's made out of pink chambray fabric - lots and lots of pink chambray fabric.  I love how full it looks.  


3.   And speaking of wreaths, how about one made out of gumdrops - 


Lila from Sweet and Lovely Crafts came up with this idea.  And it looks good enough to eat...Adorable!



4.  Speaking of eating...how about Valentine's Day chocolate covered oreos?


I could eat about 40 of those - right now...Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom can show you how to make these for your family, friends, or me...  ;-)  



5.  Yarn letters- 


These are awesome - I love them!  Holly from My Sister's Suitcase can show you how to make these.  She has a great tutorial on her site.  I might want to give this a try - they look so cute.  And they could be customized to any holiday.  What a great idea.

Are you inspired yet?

Oh wait - I have a couple of things on my mind. 

First, are any of you having trouble with Pinterest?  I am not getting many images when I search anymore which is a huge bummer.  And, now, in the last couple of days, most of my links are broken.  It's been very difficult to get to the websites from my pins.  Is it just me?  I'd love to know if you are having these problems - please leave a comment if it's happening to you too.  

And second, did you notice the new Linky Followers option on my sidebar?  With Google Friend Connect going away (sad), I've added a new way to stay connected.  You can add yourself there now (GFC followers won't be moved over automatically).  I'll write up a whole post to explain the changes - it's actually very easy and I'm super excited about it (oh and it's free).