Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dessert With Friends with Duncan Hines



Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.

As we all know, this time of the year can be VERY busy.  Everyone is running around shopping, wrapping, cleaning, decorating and getting ready for the holidays.  But I think it is so important to slow down and spend time with friends.  I mean, isn't that what the holidays are all about?  So, when I decided to have some friends over recently, I wanted to make a delicious - and easy - dessert.  I whipped up some Duncan Hines brownies. Everyone loves brownies.


Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl (water, oil, and eggs - yay for not needing a hundred ingredients!) - 


Pour the batter in a pan (and if you're wondering, yes I find it very hard to resist licking the spoon.  It's just so tasty.)-


Then bake them (oh they make the whole house smell so good - I really wish you could smell them!)-




Then I try not to eat them all before my friends show up (that would be embarrassing). And I had to keep them away from my kids (which is NOT easy!).   But I love an easy, inexpensive and delicious dessert - especially when entertaining for the holidays!  Isn't it great to know that you don't have to be in the kitchen all day to make something your friends will love?  You really can make something simple and impress your friends (especially if there's chocolate involved).  Duncan Hines makes the holidays so much easier!  I think everyone should take some time to slow down, make a quick dessert, and enjoy the company of friends at this time of year.  It really is fun - and it takes your mind off of the stress this season can bring.  And it gives you a great excuse to indulge in some brownies.  Yum!

Be sure to check out Duncan Hines' website for great recipe ideas like these Ornament Cupcakes-


Those are just beautiful!  I may have to try them the next time I have friends over!  

Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.