Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ornament Wreath

Ok I'm pretty excited about this project.  I have seen ornament wreaths on the web and I LOVE them!  So you can imagine my surprise when one my friends (in real life) made one.  My friend is super talented so of course it was gorgeous!  And I realized it was time to do my own knock off!


I chose to do all silver and white ornaments.  I bought a wreath form at Michael's - 


I gave it a quick coat of chrome spray paint (just in case any of the form peeked out from the finished wreath)-


I picked up some cheap ornaments at Dollar Tree - 


I took all of the ornaments out of the packaging and tossed them into a bowl so it would be easy to grab them randomly - 


Then I just used my hot glue gun to attach them.  I tried to stay very random - both in color and location.  This is what it looked like when I ran out of ornaments...


Oops.  So after another trip to Dollar Tree, I was able to transform it into this - 


I used some little ornaments (which I found at Michael's) to fill in the gaps -


To hang it, I used ribbon (from Dollar Tree) - 






I'm loving it!  And it was pretty easy to do.  As for cost, I kinda lost track.  :-)  But it definitely came in under $25.  I think that's a bargain.  And it is simple to adapt to your color scheme (my friend used more colorful ornaments - also from the dollar store).   

Well that was fun but now I REALLY have to get some shopping done...


I've shared this project here - 

Tip Junkie handmade projects