Monday, August 29, 2011

Installing My Headboard

My husband, Craig, and I installed our new headboard this weekend!  And I have to say - this was a very easy project.  I described how I made the headboard HERE and HERE.  In a nutshell - I purchased an old door from Buffalo ReUse for $10-

It needed some work so I filled the holes with wood putty, sanded it down, and caulked the joints.

Then I gave it two coats of Valspar New Black in satin -

Here's how we hung it - we attached a furring strip to the wall (just under where we wanted the bottom of the headboard)-

We just drilled pilot holes and then screwed it into the studs.  The furring strip was left over from this project.  We rested the headboard on top -

While I held it in place, Craig used screws to anchor the top -

And here are the before and afters -

Before and After -

We think it looks great!  And a $10 king size headboard (we had all of the other supplies already - including the paint - left over from other projects) is a steal!  Now I'd like to spruce up the linens.  One step at a time...

I've linked this project here -

Mad in Crafts
Primitive and Proper
Savvy Southern Style
Creations by Kara
The Blackberry Vine
Today's Creative Blog
Chic on a Shoestring
My Repurposed Life
The Shabby Nest
Thirty Handmade Days
Funky Junk Interiors