Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Candied Bacon - I Pinned It And Did It!

I really love Pinterest.  It's such a great resource for new ideas and recipes.  As a matter of fact, before I go any further, did you notice my new sidebar Pinterest gadget?  Now, you can see my latest pins!  Or, head right over and follow me on Pinterest!

Anyway, back to this recipe.  I pinned this Candied Bacon recipe a while back and wanted to give it a try.  Mmmm bacon.  That was pretty much all I needed to hear.  Every Some weekends, we have a big breakfast with bacon.  And I sort of look forward to it.  Maybe a little too much.  But it's bacon so I'm not even going to apologize...So when I came across this Candied Bacon Recipe from Recipe Girl, I was curious.


This is super easy to make.  There are only three ingredients - bacon, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  You can get the whole recipe from her site but it basically involves coating the bacon in the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and baking - 


Take note - we only made a few slices - just in case we weren't fans.  This is bacon.  We don't want to mess it up.  :-)




Ok so what did we think?  Yum.  It was really good!  Much better than the time we tried to dip bacon into melted chocolate (that was just wrong, I know, but it's bacon and chocolate - who knew it could go so wrong...).  Adding the brown sugar and cinnamon gave the bacon a different texture and definitely added some sweetness.  I'd share a beautiful after shot but we ate it too fast to get one.  It was that good.  A new favorite around here.  

Thank you Pinterest!