Friday, April 13, 2012

My Friday Five - Week 21

I have a collection of random projects today - no real theme.  Just cool ideas.  And pretty pictures from around the web.

And, a little inspiration - from an incredible mom.

Ready?


1.  Make a lamp out of a glass vase - 


Erin from House of Earnest can give you the step by step.  Don't you love it?  And it's way cheaper than the glass lamps that you find in most stores!  I really want to try this!


2.  Make place card holder out of old glass doorknobs - 


I have a confession to make - I love glass doorknobs.  My last house had them - and I miss them.  I never thought of using them in other ways - just as decoration.  But Michelle from Petite Michelle Louise did.  Now I want to head over to Buffalo ReUse and pick up a few.  There are endless possibilities for them.


3.  Get organized with a giant chalkboard calendar - 


Ack - how cool is that?  Carmel from Our Fifth House made this awesome calendar.  I am completely in love (with this idea and her blog)!  


4.  Do you have an old unframed mirror in your bathroom (we do!), well dress it up with tile - 


Emily from Little Momma and Company gave an old boring mirror new life with tile.  For only $18! What a great idea!  And a great price.  :-)  I may give this a try when we remodel our hall bath.


5.  Now for something a little different.  I wrote about being shy all week.  But, I thought it would be fitting to cap it all off with some inspiration.  A reminder that life for some of us isn't that hard.  Oh, sure, we've all been through very tough times, but some people can show us the meaning of strength.  A couple of weeks ago, I came across a blog that really moved me.  It's an incredible story of a mother's love for her son.  I have read every post.  Check out Courtney's blog, "EB"ing a Mommy.  



Are you inspired yet?