1. Wrap an old lampshade in jute -
This is a great idea! Ashley from The Handmade Home updated an old drum shade by simply adding jute. Complete transformation - for pennies!
2. Just because it's called a wine rack, doesn't mean it has to be a wine rack -
Ashley from Rustic Living found this old wine rack at a thrift store - and used it as a towel rack instead. Smart - and beautiful.
3. Buy a new crate from a craft store, and give it some 'age" -
Old crates are beautiful - and sometimes very expensive. But look what Erika from Retropolitan did with these brand new ones. They are just as beautiful for a fraction of the price!
4. Need cute - and cheap - vases? Wrap yarn around old tin cans -
I found this at The Thrifty Crafter - how cute! It would be so easy to customize the colors for a party or even everyday decor. This is a great idea.
5. Make monogrammed glasses -
These are cool - and made from dollar store glasses! KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm can give you the step by step (and it's not that hard) - head over to see how it's done.
Are you inspired yet?