Sunday, September 18, 2011

On Second Thought...

I am the worst shopper.  I really don't like to spend money.  Even if it's a great deal.  I agonize over every purchase.  So, it's not surprising that I came home empty handed twice a couple of weeks ago - even though I found things that I liked.  In two different stores, I walked around with items for my home and then put them back.  And went home.  And thought about them.  And discussed them with Craig.  And realized that I really wanted to buy them.  So, a few days later, I went back - hoping they were still there.  The first thing I went back for were these European square pillows for my bed - 


I found them at TJMaxx for $29.99 each.  It seemed kinda pricey for me - especially since I knew I'd need three to fit across my king size bed.  I have always liked the look of large square pillows but have never had them before.  And I knew the tan would look great in front of the new headboard I made (you can check out that project here).  I figured that this little splurge would be ok since I saved so much on that headboard.


You can start to see the whole look coming together - although I still want to change up the linens a bit.  I just haven't found what I'm looking for.

The second item that I found was a large glass bowl.  


I saw this at Marshall's for $14.99.  I thought it would be so much fun to fill  - as of right now it's full of extra jute from the dresser project I just finished (check that out here).  I am looking forward to changing this up - I'll keep you posted - I think it will be fun!



On a side note - I have been featured on two blogs in the last couple of days.  Gail at My Repurposed Life featured my homemade headboard - 


I was also featured by Mary at Boogieboard Cottage.  She selected the jewelry box that my daughter made - 


You can check out that project here

Thank you so much ladies for your support!  I really appreciate the shout outs!!

And on another side note - I am STILL painting my foyer railing.  But I couldn't help myself - I made a quick trip to Buffalo ReUse over the weekend.  It really wasn't planned - but I was close by so...I am very excited to have a few new projects to work on.  I can't wait to show you what I found - and what I'm going to do with them!