Friday, November 11, 2011

My Friday Five - Week 3

Ok it's Friday again!  Woot woot!  And I'm ready with some Pinterest inspiration.  Is everyone ready?  Let's get started -



1.  What do you do with a beat up old coffee table?  How about turn it into a bench?  That's exactly what Julie from Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss did -


This is awesome.  It's hard to believe this started as an $8 table. It's completely inspiring for me - I'd love to do something like this for my bedroom.  Someday.  When I have a little free time...but for now, it's pinned.



2.  Here's a great EASY project - Scrabble tile magnets.  Alicia from Atypical Type A came up with this fun idea.  She glued magnets to the back of the tiles - anyone can do this!

Scrabble tile magnets dinner

Come on, yes, you can do this!


3.  We all know how much I LOVE to spray paint stuff - but I have never spray painted a rug!  What a great idea.  Cheri from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar did just that and the result is fabulous -


She used a stencil to create the houndstooth pattern.  Oh and stop by her blog to see this beauty in her kitchen - yum.


4.  There are a few things in life that make me smile - and one of them is the phrase "no sew".  Yup I don't sew.  Oh maybe the occasional loose button here and there.  But actual sewing?  Um no.  So (get it?) when I came across a tutorial for a no sew chair makeover, I was all over it.  Cindy from Le Chaise Parfait covered an old chair with a drop cloth using staples.


Isn't it great?  Love the ruffles!  And I love the no sew!


5.  I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but I'm already getting excited for Christmas.  I love Christmas.  And I love seeing all of the Christmas decorating ideas on Pinterest.  Hey, I like planning ahead.  When I came across these beautiful ornaments, I figured I'd just pin them.  You know, just to get ready.


Greenbean from Greenbean's Crafterole (who found the tutorial on Everyday Cricut) has the whole run down on these glitter-on-the-inside ornaments.  I think they're beautiful - not only because they are much less messy but also because of the shinyness (not sure if that's a word - it does have the little red squiggly line underneath - but I think you know what I'm talking about).  I'm really tempted to put this on my to-do list.  Oh that list is getting long.

Are you inspired yet?