Monday, November 14, 2011

Pedestal Candy Bowl

A couple of weeks ago, I shared a DIY pedestal bowl.


I made this out of a thrift store candle holder and an inexpensive glass bowl (you can get all of the directions here).  I really had no idea how popular that project would be - but it has become my most viewed post ever!  And I've also received tons of comments - thank you!  But there is something I have heard a few times - "I can't find a candle holder like that".  So, I thought I'd try the same project with easy to find materials.  I went to my local dollar store and purchased a candle stick and a votive holder -


Everyone can get these and they are $1 each!  I spray painted the candle stick in Rustoleum Chrome (just as I did with the pedestal bowl) -


Then I simply glued the votive holder on to the candle stick using the E-6000 adhesive.  I filled it up with Hershey's Kisses (I'm all for matching...) and here's the final product-


So now I have a smaller version of the pedestal bowl - and it only cost $2!


Easy, inexpensive and everyone can do it - my favorite kinds of projects!  And don't they look great together?

By the way - the kisses are already gone.  They don't last long in this house.  Good thing I snapped a picture when I did!

I've shared this project here -

Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
Today's Creative Blog
Savvy Southern Style
seventy thirty three
Creations By Kara
Saved By Love Creations
Fireflies and Jellybeans
My Romantic Home
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring
Craft O Maniac
Between Naps on the Porch
Under the Table and Dreaming