Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pedestal Bowl

The other day, I found a candle holder at Salvation Army for $2.99.  I liked the shape - but not the green sponge paint (why am I always drawn to green sponge paint?  Remember what my buffet lamps looked like when I bought them?)


I wanted to do something really fun with it.  And after I found this pedestal bowl on ZGallerie, I knew just what I wanted to do.


Yup, that's right, I'm knocking it off.  This bowl would set me back $34.95.  I wanted to get the look for less.  So, I grabbed some Rustoleum Chrome spray paint and gave the candle holder a few light coats.  


Then, I found a glass bowl at Christmas Tree Shops for $4.99.  



I glued the bowl on with my E-6000 adhesive - 



To give it a little holiday flair, I filled it with silver ornaments that I found on clearance at the dollar store - 25 cents a box!


Here's a before and after - 







Actually, I like my pedestal bowl more than the ZGallerie version - it's much taller!  And I love the price - 

$2.99 - candle holder
$4.99 - bowl
$4.19 - spray paint (I have a lot left over)
$.75 - ornaments

Total - $12.92 - and that includes the filler!  

I love decorating for the holidays - on a budget!

I've shared this project here -

Savvy Southern Style
Eisy Morgan
Handy Man Crafty Woman
The Trendy Treehouse
Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
Tip Junkie handmade projects
DIY Club