Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A New Photo Editing Site - Goodbye Picnik!

Everyone is pretty disappointed to see Picnik go away.  It's such a quick and easy photo editing site.   So, I've been playing around with a few different replacement options.  Although I have found a lot of great uses for Pixlr.com, I still wanted a site more like Picnik for those quick edits.  And I think I've found a site that fits the bill -  Picmonkey.com.


It seems to do most of the same edits that can be found on Picnik - and it's just as easy!  Here's a picture of some flowers that I took last summer - 


And here is the same picture after editing -

The basics - brightness/contrast/sharpness

Black and white - with color paint option

Darkened edges

Sepia

Focal soften

Text

Stickers - including arrows, shapes, stars, and speech bubbles

These are just a few examples.  There are many more editing features - and they are all very easy.  It even offers teeth whitening and blemish fix.  This site is super handy.  And free!  Woohoo!  They do offer a premium package (I haven't tried it yet - but they are offering a free trial for that too).

So far, I think this might be the best alternative to Picnik.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.