Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog Swap - Welcome Days of Chalk and Chocolate

I'm so happy to have Jenny from Days of Chalk and Chocolate as my guest poster today!  I love her blog!  And if you're looking for me, I'll be over sharing some projects at her place.  


Hi friends!  My name is Jenny and I blog over at Days of Chalk and Chocolate. Thank you so much Kristen for having me today!  It's always fun to reach out to bloggers and trade places!  You can find Kristen over at Days of Chalk and Chocolate today too!
As the seasons change most of us start dreaming of ways to decorate our homes to reflect that season's particular elements and spring is one of my favorites!  It's a time when I crave freshening up my winter home with pale, soft colors, flowers, and things that represent a new beginning.  I have been trying to think of something new and springy I can hang on my front door and I keep coming back to my favorite wreath:  the ruffle wreath!  The soft, feminine ruffle is always sweet and fresh looking and you can adapt it to any occasion, season, or holiday just by using different colors!
I have made a couple of versions of the ruffle wreath. I made a linen and satin flower version for my sister last spring.  I love the way it turned out and I'm so glad I didn't muck it up with too much decoration. It's subtle and I like that!


My next ruffle wreath was one I did for fall. I had found some teal corduroy in the remnant bin at Joanne's and I was inspired to use it as an alternative color to the oranges, browns, and golds that are always so popular. Here is my tutorial.




Need some more inspiration?  Here are some ideas I found around the blog world!
Just Sew Sassy
Aren't the colors so bright and springy?
The Modest Homestead
I love the feathers!

Jones Design Company
This was my inspiration for my first wreath.  It remains my favorite.
Fireside Studio
Summer colors!
The Scrap Shoppe
This burlap and denim wreath is perfect for the
Fourth of July!
All Things Thrifty
Here is a cheerful Christmas version.
I hope you are inspired to add some ruffles to your front door this spring!  And visit me any time at Days of Chalk and Chocolate!
Cheers!
Jenny