Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New (To Me) Lamp

I scored a great lamp - at a great price - the other day.  I found this old brass lamp at Salvation Army -


How much did I pay for this beauty?  It was marked $2.99.  But, it was also 50% off day!  Woohoo!  So, for $1.49, it was mine.  The shape is great and it is pretty substantial in size.  The brass didn't scare me off - remember when I gave these old buffet lamps a makeover?  All I needed now was some oil rubbed bronze spray paint - 


I taped off the top and the cord - and I was ready to get started.  It only took a few light coats of paint to transform it into this - 




I topped it with an old lampshade that I already had so the whole thing cost $1.49.  Not too bad.  I love buying lamps from thrift stores - it's such a great way to save money!  

I've shared this project here - 

Tip Junkie handmade projects