Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Swap - Welcome Life on Mars!

I'm really excited to have my first ever guest blogger today!  Welcome Maury from Life on Mars!  And if you're looking for me - I'll be over at Maury's site for the day!


Hi! I’m Maury from Life on Mars. My husband and I recently purchased a new-to-us house in South Carolina and we’ve been updating it room by room.



So far, we’ve tackled the Family Room, the Kitchen (but there’s much more to come on that), the Dining Room, the Sunroom (completed the whole room for just $400!) and the Powder Room. Whew… that makes me tired just thinking about it.



My favorite room so far has been the Powder Room. I’m on a serious stenciling kick these days. What’s not to love? It’s like wallpaper, but way easier to put up or change. Plus, there are so many different patterns and interesting ways to do it. This ain’t your Momma’s border stencils.



The Powder Room was such a dull space before:









Yep that’s a full on shot of our toilet. Nice, right? I was trying to get the “Before” of the walls and floor, but you’d think I’d have shut the lid.



Now, with a Damask stencil in Sterling Silver paint, the room is like a little jewelry box:





It’s probably my favorite project that I’ve done so far.



So, I decided to keep with a good thing and stenciled an accent wall in our bedroom last week:



DSCF2373

I used a pearl white this time. It’s very subtle and the light catches it just right.



I’m keeping the completed project hidden until the final reveal of our master. I’m hoping to do our Master Bedroom reveal in the next week, so please be sure to come by Life on Mars and check it out! It’s probably going to replace my Powder Room as my favorite!



Thanks to Kristen for letting me swap blogs with her for the day! This is one of those blogs that I just can’t miss and I’m thrilled to be a part of it!