Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Everything But The Kitchen Sink...

I have a few different things to talk about today.  People to thank and news to share.  So here it goes -

A HUGE thanks to Stephanie Lynn from Under The Table And Dreaming and Sharon representing Styrofoam and Dow for for picking me as the winner of their $100 Michael's gift card.  Last December, I entered my Thumbtack Tree -


I don't usually win stuff so this was completely unexpected - and exciting!  Woot Woot!!  Thank you ladies!  I'll put that gift card to good use!


I also want to thank Maury from Life on Mars for swapping blogs with me yesterday.  I hope everyone enjoyed meeting a new blogger - and I hope you stopped over to see her blog.  She has some great projects!  I am really hoping that I will be able to feature more awesome bloggers - if you're interested in guest posting, just send me an email!


In other news - I'm happy to see so many of my readers have started following me through the new Linky Followers program.  Thank you for signing up - I really appreciate it.  I know we are all sad that Google Friend Connect is going away but it's great to have another option.  And Linky Followers can do so much more than GFC ever could.  If you are looking for a great tutorial of all of the new features, check out this post on At The Picket Fence.  Heather and Vanessa have a great step-by-step guide (yes, I bookmarked it) describing everything you need to know.  It's super helpful!


In budget news, I just earned another $5 Amazon gift card through Swagbucks and I'm very close to cashing in for another one - which will bring my total to $65 so far.  I'm pretty sure I will be able to hit my goal of $250 by Christmas.  Thanks Swagbucks! (and if you aren't familiar with Swagbucks - I posted about it here).


In other budget news, I have added a new affiliate on my sidebar - Groupon.  I have bought some great deals through Groupon, so I decided to search out their affiliate program and add them.  If you purchase a Groupon through my sidebar, I do receive a small commission (which helps keep all of my little projects afloat around here).  I just thought it would be a good fit and I'm happy to have them on board.


In keeping with my 2012 goals, I am co-hosting a link party!!!  That's right, tomorrow, I will be joining Jaime from Crafty, Scrappy Happy and a few of her friends in hosting a link party!  I am so excited for this opportunity - thanks Jaime!  


So, stop back tomorrow night for a chance to link up your projects - or to just get some inspiration from other bloggers.  This is going to be fun!


And lastly,  I have been working on a very time consuming project  - and unfortunately, it's still not finished.  I really want to share it here and hopefully it will get done this weekend.  In the meantime, I want to share a small project on Thursday (you know, just so you can see that I'm actually doing stuff around here...).  I hope you'll check it out!

Have a great Valentine's Day!!