Thursday, July 7, 2011

After Windsor

My maternal grandparents lived in Windsor, Vermont.  It is a very small town where everyone knows everyone. They raised my mother and her brother in a small two family house.  And they loved to renovate.  They built their dream kitchen in 1967.
The knotty pine cabinets going in.

There is my grandmother, Nana to me, enjoying the new space.

On the opposite side of the room, they put in a bay window.  Pretty fancy.

And my Nana and Grandpa enjoying their beautiful new kitchen.

I remember visiting them and sitting in that kitchen for hours.  We listened to the radio and watched the small world go by.  There are many pictures of this renovation, which is odd to me.  First of all, they were not much into taking pictures.  I hardly have any of my mom in her youth.  And second, what was so exciting about this remodel?  Were they hoping to blog about it someday? Maybe...

Anyway, obviously renovating is in my blood.  All the way back to Windsor.