Friday, July 29, 2011

Here Comes the Rain Again...

A rainy day + a painting project = slow drying time.  Which is making this little table project take forever.  Ok, not forever but you know what I mean.

I've been working on a little table that I picked up at the flea market last weekend for $8.  I loved the shape but not the dark brown finish:

It was a little beat up.  But I had a plan.  So I sanded the glossy finish and used a little wood putty to smooth out the top:

Guess it has to look worse before it can look better.  Anyway, now it was ready for a coat of Kilz oil based primer:

It's starting to get better now!  It just needs a couple coats of paint followed by a couple coats of Minwax Polycrylic in High Gloss.  All those coats are taking a very long time to dry.  But when they do, I'm putting this little table in my daughters' room - in place of this mess bookcase:

Hopefully I'll wrap up this project today.  And then I won't have to look at this scene again.