Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I love to fix up houses.  This is the third house I've remodeled - and by far the most extensive.  The house is much larger than my last one.  And it was much uglier.  We had to tear out everything and start over.  The process has taken a lot of energy and money.  But now I can focus on the fun stuff.  I've slowly been decorating! Yeah - the fun stuff.

I have loved this table from Pottery Barn for a very long time:

It is beautiful.  It is also $499 which is way out of my price range.  So when I came across a sad $10 table at Salvation Army, I knew I had to have it.  Here's what it looked like when I brought it home:

I loved the chunky turned legs.  And, even though it didn't have drawers, I knew it would be perfect in my living room.  So after a light sanding, I primed with oil-based primer:

And then 2 coats of Valspar Lincoln Cottage Black (leftover from this project - $0. Score.).  This is what it looks like now:

I am in love with this table.  I actually like it more than the Pottery Barn version.  And since I saved $490, I think a date night with my husband is in order.

BTW, the little votive holder on the left is from Salvation Army too - $1. So cute.


I was featured here - check it out!!


I'm linking this post here:
What Allie's Making Now
The DIY Showoff
Savvy Southern Style
Craft O Maniac
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Between Naps on the Porch
504 Main
Chic on a Shoestring
Funky Junk Interiors
I heart Naptime
733 Blog
The DIY Show Off