Saturday, July 30, 2011

Table Progress

I have been working on a table for my daughters' room for a couple of days.  I bought it at the flea market last weekend (you can read about that here).  I love giving new life to old furniture (as I did HERE and HERE).  There was a little prep work - it was a little rough:



I had to sand it.  Then, I filled the scratches with wood putty. Sanded again.  And gave it a coat of Kilz oil based primer.  So, it looked like this:



Finally - the fun part.  I used Olympic white (off the shelf) and Valspar Lake Country for the top (I bought a sample paint - because I'm cheap thrifty).  I applied 3 coats of white and 2 coats of blue.  When that dried, I added 2 coats of Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish in High Gloss.  And here is what it looks like now:




Pretty cute, huh?

I've shared this project here:

Not Just a Housewife
Between Nap on the Porch
Boogieboard Cottage
The DIY Showoff
Savvy Southern Style
 A Diamond in the Stuff
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Primitive and Proper
Young House Love
Bower Power Blog
Restore Interiors
Funky Junk Interiors
At the Picket Fence
Marvelously Messy