Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Small Stool = Small Project

Sometimes a small project can make a huge impact.  A trip last weekend to the flea market (at closing time) netted us a little stool:
 The asking price was $13.  It was cute but that was a little high.  Since it was closing time, we were able to haggle the owner down to $8.  Ok...I'll take it.  I thought it would be super cute in my daughters' room.  I wiped it off, lightly sanded it, and spray primed it.  Which made it look like this:

And did you notice that I placed it on some scrap wood we had - because the old Winnie the Pooh towel wasn't cutting it.  Then came the fun part.  I was planning on spray painting it silver but Lowes was out of it.  So plan B - Satin Nickel.  That'll work.  I applied a few light coats and let it dry.  And found the perfect corner for it - I just needed to clear out this mess:

I think this is much better:



Big improvement - from a small project!  Gotta love that!

I've linked this projects here - 

Night Owl Crafting
Between Naps on the Porch