Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My First Post

And it begins...

I have a few things on my to do list -

       remodel the kids' bathroom
       renovate an old farmhouse
       write a novel 

Well, actually the list is a wee bit longer.  I'm finishing up my third home remodel - so the kids bathroom will get a new look soon - and I'm trying to figure out what I'll do next.

As a mother of four, I don't always have enough time in my day to get everything done. There are usually a few dirty dishes in the sink when I drag myself up to bed.  But for some reason, the thought of having a completely renovated house makes me kinda...sad.  I get anxious to find something to do in all my spare time (when I'm not driving kids, making dinner, running errands, attending hockey games or plays - or what ever the kids get involved in).  Ok, I do have a busy life but I LOVE having a busy life.  

So I decided to start this blog.  I wish I had started it earlier.  About 6 years earlier...when my husband and I bought this house.  Oh my.  It was in rough shape.  A 1964 traditional with a 1989 remodel. A really bad 1970's sunroom addition. Overgrown landscaping.  Well, it was ugly.  But the price was right - and the street was great.  So we went for it.  And now we are almost finished.  Yup...we're slow.  But with four little ones and a demanding career, time was not on our side.  Now I'm ready to go back in time and share all of the exhausting fun times we've had making this house into a home.