Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cheap Art

What do you do when you find a cheap wall hanging at TJMaxx - but hate the color?  Yup, paint it white.  That's just what I did for the art in my master bathroom.  I was excited to find this in the clearance section:

It had a little red sticker marked $6.50.  That sounds good.  But.... when I went to pay for it, we realized that it was mismarked (I know - it seems like that would not be my problem except that there was no actual tag on it.  Therefore, they couldn't check the actual price.)  So, after a little back and forth, we realized that this guy was $9.99.  Ok, not the deal of the day, but I still wanted it.  And, I still planned to paint it.  

It's hard to see in the picture, but it is sort of 3-D.  When hung, it sticks out from the wall by about an inch.  That meant I would have to paint the back, sides and front.  With drying time, it took a little longer than I anticipated.  But I think it came out looking sharp:


I'm liking it in the master bathroom.  What do you think?