Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chalkboard Vase

On a recent Salvation Army Thrift Store trip (yes, I go there everyday often), I found this vase:



It was only $1.89.  I loved the shape, but the orange fruit was not my style.  I can't seem to stay away from all things orange (I discussed this here).  So, I rescued this vase and brought it home.

In order to make something cool out of this, I grabbed my daughters' and headed to Hobby Lobby.  And that's where I bought:


A can of Krylon Chalkboard spray paint.  It took a couple of light coats (actually three) to turn it into this:


Then, I planted a cute plant that I bought at Lowe's (for $6.63).  And here it is on my patio:


So much better!  

I shared this project here:

The DIY Home Sweet Home Project
Boogieboard Cottage
Between Naps on the Porch
Pinkapotamus
Blackberry Vine
Domestically Speaking