Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dining Room Progress

I'm happy to report that I've made some more progress in my dining room.  As I've explained over the last few days, I'm updating the room with some paint and accessories.  I picked out Martha Stewart's Flagstone Gray paint (see how I picked it here) and repainted a couple of days ago (see that process here).  I have moved the furniture back in, hung a mirror over the buffet, and displayed my "new" china in the china cabinet.  Here's a before and after -










I purchased the mirror at Lowe's and I think it looks great against the gray wall.  I actually think all of the brown wood looks more modern in this room.  And I really wanted to give my china cabinet an update too.  So I packed up my great grandmother's china and replaced it with the china I received for my wedding (19 years ago).  I have never displayed my china before.  Although I love it's simplicity (which is why I picked it), I thought it might be boring in my grandmother's china cabinet.  But, I gave it a try - and I love it!  It looks great in this room.  Here is a before and after -



I still have a few more things to do in here - hang the curtains, find a small table/buffet for the other side of the window, hang more pictures, find two buffet lamps, and find a new rug.  But the good news - I now really like the Pottery Barn chandelier in this room!  It looks so much better against the gray walls.  Yea!

On a side note (actually completely unrelated) - I have received a few emails about my kitchen remodel.  I wrote about it here.  I'm working on a post with a lot more detail - and more pictures of the during and after.  I'll post it soon.  Thanks for asking!