Thursday, August 11, 2011

Progress in the Girls' Room

I've made a couple of changes in my daughters' room lately.  First, I added new artwork:

I wrote about the process of making that here.  Then I bought and painted a little stool:

You can read about that project here.  But the project I've been most excited about is this cute little table I bought at the flea market for $8:

It looked a little sad when I brought it home.  I knew it would need a little work.  I explained how I transformed it here.  And now it looks like this:

The last phase of this project was to clean up this mess so we could move that table in:

Those inexpensive bookshelves were very useful when the girls were younger but now the space has become a catch all.  The girls have outgrown most of those books - so we donated them to Goodwill.  And we relocated some objects that really didn't belong there in the first place.  And we made way for this:

It looks so much neater.  We are still trying to figure out what we will do with the old bookshelf.  It may end up in their closet.  I just hope it doesn't fill up with all of that junk stuff again.