Friday, August 26, 2011

Knock Off Decor!


A while back I wrote about a sad little thrift store table I bought at the Salvation Army.  It was only $10 but it was in really bad condition.  I loved the chunky turned legs and thought, with a little love, it would be really cute.  I wanted it as soon as I saw it -


Here is that table when it came home -




I gave it a coat of Kilz oil-based primer then two coats of Valspar Lincoln Cottage Black.  - 



An now it sits in my family room - 




I love this table - and it reminds me of a Pottery Barn table that I've loved for a long time - 

Tivoli Console Table, Artisanal Black stain  

It has a similar shape - but a much higher price tag- $499!  Yikes.  My table was only $10 (by the way, I already had the primer and paint leftover from this project so it was really only $10).  

And today, Knock Off Decor is featuring this table!  So go check it out over there.  There are many great ideas on that site - I love seeing how creative people are and how they are able to save so much money!  

Thanks Beckie for showing off this table!

I'm also hard at work on the second part of my kitchen makeover posts.  See how I put my kitchen back together later today!  In case you missed the first part of the makeover, you can see it here