Friday, August 12, 2011

Copper Pot Redo

I found a cute little copper pot recently at The Salvation Army Thrift Store:


When I spotted it, it was filled with incomplete decks of playing cards (which I didn't really need because I'm sure I already have plenty of incomplete decks of playing cards...).  I thought it was really cute even though the finish was not great.  It was marked $1.99 - but was half off!  So I got it for a buck!  Yea!  In order to spruce it up a bit, I took it outside with my favorite spray paint:


Rustoleum Gloss Pure White.  I thought it would be a fun little storage piece in my daughters' room (I have been transforming their room which I wrote about HERE).  They always have little odds and ends that need a home.  So after a couple of coats of paint, the copper pot turned into this:


It is so cute and fresh now.  And looks great on the new table I painted (I explained that project HERE).




I love how the white pops on the blue table.  It was a great little $1 project!  And I'm pretty sure the girls have filled it with stuff already...

I've linked this project here -

Passionately Artistic
Today's Creative Blog
Thirty Handmade Days
Under The Table And Dreaming
I heart Naptime
It's So Very Cheri
Between Naps on the Porch
Night Owl Crafting
Christina's Adventures
Boogieboard Cottage