Monday, August 1, 2011

Bistro Set Makeover

Many years ago, I purchased a lot of hunter green patio furniture.  Trust me, it was in style at the time.  I'm not sure why though.  But as my tastes have shifted, so has that furniture - right down to the basement.  I kept it around just in case I ever needed more patio seating - and now I do.  I dragged the hunter green bistro set up for a makeover.  Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture of this exact set (because I'm embarrassed I forgot to take one) - but I have a picture of the coordinating chairs:



Not a beautiful color.  So, off I went to Lowe's to buy:



Yup - Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.  I did use three cans to completely cover the set but it came out great:





It will add much needed seating for our guests - and at about $20 for the spray paint - it's a lot cheaper than buying new furniture!