Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rosemary Red Potatoes



I thought I'd share one of my favorite side dishes.  I certainly do not consider myself to be a great cook - but these are super easy and everyone in my family loves them.  By the way, I do enjoy cooking more since we remodeled our kitchen a few years ago (which I talked about here).  So this is how I made them:

I washed about a pound of red potatoes (I use more but I'm cooking for six):



Then I cut them into wedges:




And added olive oil, crushed rosemary, and garlic salt:


Any brands will do, I just happen to have these on hand.  I drizzled the olive oil over the potatoes and mixed in the rosemary and garlic salt to taste:


Then, I lined a large cookie sheet with tin foil and sprayed with Pam (I like to use the olive oil Pam but any kind will do):


Next, I spread them all out on the pan.  It's important to make a single layer of potatoes.  They will cook more evenly and turn out a little more crispy:



Toss them into the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.  I like to turn the broiler on for the last few minutes to crisp them up a little more.  But if you do that, remember to watch them because they can burn quickly (yes - I learned that from experience).  Here is what they look like after baking:


I like to salt them as soon as they come out of the oven but that's completely optional.  Then serve:



Yum.  I wish you could smell them - they are delicious!  And super easy!  And - they go great with everything.  I make them to go with hamburgers, chicken or even sandwiches.  Ok, food break is over.  I'm going to go paint something...

I've shared this here:

Today's Creative Blog
Seven Thirty Three
A Diamond in the Stuff
Savvy Southern Style
Creations by Kara
Funky Junk Interiors
Creating A House Of Grace
Visit thecsiproject.com