Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Project!

I had a very busy and productive weekend.  Yesterday, I explained how we hung our new headboard (you can see that here).  Well, we did a little shopping too.  Just for fun, Craig and I stopped by Buffalo ReUse.  It's one of our favorite places to look around.  As a matter of fact, it's where we bought our "headboard".  We also bought this little end table there a while back - 


And turned it into this - 


I wrote about that whole project here.  So, you can only imagine my excitement when I walked in and saw this - 


I ran over and hugged this soon-to-be-beautiful dresser.  And I looked at Craig with the "can I please bring it home?" eyes.  But it wasn't an issue when we saw the price - $30.  Are you kidding me?  


 Yes, those are my toes. And the nail polish color is OPI Deer Valley Spice.  Which I love.  But back to the dresser.  It was in bad shape but I really wanted it.

 

I had no idea I would find a piece of furniture like this here.  It was so unexpected.  Buffalo Reuse has a huge selection of building materials and a small selection of furniture.  Usually, I look around for old doors, windows, or other unique building supplies.  


So, I bought the dresser, brought it home, and have been working on it for the last couple of days.  I can't wait to show you the "after" pictures later this week.  I think it's my favorite project ever!