Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cleaning Tip - I Pinned It and I Did It!

Here's a cleaning tip that I found on Pinterest - how to get those nasty yellow armpit stains out of your white shirts.  Face it - we all have them. And they aren't easy to get rid of.  Until now.  Jillee from One Good Thing posted this tip - and I tried it.  And I'm happy to say that it worked!

I grabbed a couple of old t-shirts that were sitting at the bottom of my drawer and put them to the test.  And how did I get those stains out?  With these three ingredients - 


Mix equal parts of the Dawn and Hydrogen Peroxide, then add some baking soda.  Then scrub into the stain. And, as per Jillee's instructions, let it sit for about an hour before throwing it into the washing machine.

I have tried this on a few shirts, and I have had great success.  Here's a before and after (on one of the worst shirts I tried)



I know the lighting in the second picture is a little better, but believe me - there is a huge difference!  I can now bring some of those old t-shirts back to life - instead of turning them into rags.  Yay!