Thursday, January 19, 2012

How I Get Free Stuff

I know that My Covered Bridge is a a blog about my home remodeling and decorating projects.  And I don't want to stray from that too much.  But in my real life, it's just a part of what I do.  And although, most days I am painting something, ripping off wallpaper, or shopping at a thrift store for something I can redo, my day also includes getting 4 kids off to school, cleaning the house, tons of laundry, running errands, and preparing meals.  And finding ways to stretch my budget.

I understand that my readers stop by this blog to see my projects.  But I also know that some of my readers are moms who are always looking for ways to get great deals on everyday stuff.  Even my friends ask me where I get these deals.  So I thought it might be better to start a separate blog with some of my favorite money saving tips.  If you want to see what I bought at Walgreens yesterday, head over to thrifty house.  It's my VERY new attempt to share the deals I find.

I will be spending some time in the next couple of weeks working on that blog, so please understand it's not at all perfect.  But I figured that I could share some deals and tips while I'm fixing it up.  I want this site to be more than just coupons.  I want to share my shopping trips, deals, sites I visit, and saving tips.  And I look forward to seeing your tips as well.  We can learn a lot from each other!

I'm really excited to get this site going - saving money can be fun!

And don't worry - I'm still working on this blog too.  Stop back tomorrow for My Friday Five - I have a few good finds already!  Hey - maybe I could start a My Friday Five over at thrifty house too - with everyday money saving tips.  I'd love to know your thoughts - leave a comment and let me know what you'd like to see.