I started with some supplies that I had on hand-
The wreath form is from Dollar Tree (I bought it to make a Christmas wreath, but then changed my mind and made this ornament wreath instead). The jute is leftover from my dresser makeover. I used my hot glue gun to attach the end of the jute to the wreath. Then wrapped the jute around and around, using more hot glue every few passes.
Once the wreath form was completely covered, I decided to decorate it with yarn balls. I found all of the supplies I needed at Dollar Tree-
I secured the end of the yarn to the ball with a dab of hot glue, then wrapped the yarn around until the entire styrofoam ball was covered. I used another dab of hot glue to secure the end.
Then, I hot glued them onto the wreath-
It was going really well - until I tried to hang it. I had planned to use a piece of jute but the weight of the styrofoam balls made the whole wreath tilt. And I didn't have any ribbon that matched. So, I got a little creative. I found an old white t-shirt and cut a strip out of it. I used the strip to hang it-
Here's the cost breakdown-
wreath form - $1
styrofoam balls - $3 (I used 3 4-packs)
Total - $7 (I already had the jute)
Valentine's Day just got a little more fun!
I've shared this project here -