Friday, January 20, 2012

My Friday Five - Week 11

Here we go - another week of great inspiration from around the web.  I love spending countless hours some of my free time searching Pinterest for cool ideas - and sharing them with you.  So, grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.


1)  I am so in love with this pendant light - 


Can you see what it's made of?  Hundreds of paper fortune tellers.  Yup.  Those folded paper fortune tellers that you used to make in elementary school.  How awesome is that?  And I pinned it on my DIY Pinterest board - as if I could really DIY this thing.  Ha.  But Allison at the 3 R's blog could.  And did.  Wow.


2)  Here is a project that is more up my alley.  Spray painted wine glass stems - 


Alejandra from Always Order Dessert used chalkboard spray paint on her wine glasses to create this look.  How clever!  Not only do they look beautiful but they are functional too.  Your guests can write their names right on their glass.  


3)  Home accessories can get very expensive. I am always on the look out for inexpensive (or free) knick knacks to use around the house.  So when I came across this 3-d star, I was sold.


Lisa from grey luster girl used old cereal boxes to form a 3-d star decoration.  Head over to her blog to see the finished star - it's beautiful.  And you would never know it was made from a cereal box!  What a great way to recycle - and accessorize at the same time.


4)  Want another inexpensive way to accessorize your home?  Check out this penny art - 


I saw this at Embellishing Life and fell in love.  Jenny made it using old pennies.  Such an easy project - anyone could do this!  As a matter of fact - I think I'm going to do it too!  


5)  I pinned this last find a few days ago - and it was repinned over 50 times in a matter of minutes!  It seems that everyone wants to try this - 


Those are fried marbles.  Yup.  Who needs diamonds?  These are stunning.  Bethany at dream-it-make-it has the whole step-by-step directions on her blog.  Head over to see how she made ordinary glass marbles into beautiful necklaces.  

Are you inspired yet?

And if you're interested, head over to my money saving blog - thrifty house - for my first My Friday Five money saving tips!